After being on the road for a couple of days, tonight we wanted something simple for dinner. With the Instant Pot, it’s easy to throw all of the ingredients into one pot, seal the lid, and let dinner cook while the baby plays and has his bath. My husband stopped on the way home for some wine and crescent rolls to go with dinner tonight. It was the perfect way to celebrate Valentine’s Day…trying to go out to eat would have been a nightmare tonight!
Rice & Veggies in the Instant Pot
- 2 cups jasmine rice
- Bag of frozen organic peas and carrots
- 2 1/4 cups water
- 2 tsp cooking oil
- 1/2 tsp Cajun seasoning (I use Slap Ya Mama)
- Add all ingredients to the Instant Pot and stir.
- Close lid and make sure it is placed on “sealing”.
- Set to Pressure Cook, set time for 6 minutes on high pressure.
- When it has cooked, allow the pressure to release naturally for at least 10 minutes.
- Make sure the pressure is fully released before opening lid. Stir before serving.