Sunday is the perfect day to cook a healthy dinner that will provide leftovers to enjoy during the busy week ahead. Tonight I made a filling soup full of veggies, with wild rice to add some extra texture and substance. We will have enough leftover for lunch tomorrow and possibly one more meal after that.
Instant Pot Vegetable-Wild Rice Soup
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Small onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 12oz sliced white mushrooms
- 1 medium eggplant, peeled and cubed
- 15oz frozen butter beans
- 15oz can baby corn
- 1 cup wild rice
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 3 cups water
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Set the Instant Pot to sauté mode. Add oil and garlic, onion and celery.
- When onion is translucent, add mushrooms. Sauté 5 minutes.
- Add eggplant. Stir for 2 more minutes.
- Add vegetable broth, butter beans, baby corn, wild rice, and water. Stir.
- Stir in Italian seasoning and pepper.
- Press “cancel” on the Instant Pot. Secure the lid and make sure that it is set to “sealing”.
- Use the manual pressure cook setting, high pressure, and set timer for 25 minutes.
- Allow pressure to release naturally for 20 minutes.
- Release remaining pressure and remove the lid when it is safe.
- Stir and serve!