We buy a lot of bananas. They often get overripe before we get through them. We used to end up throwing them out too often.
My mom visited while I was pregnant and saw our bananas on the kitchen counter, and she found a recipe for vegan banana bread and made it for us. I finally made it myself last summer and now I’ve probably made it 20 times at least!
After making the bread multiple times I decided to buy a muffin pan and try making banana muffins instead. They’re more portable and made into a perfect serving size so I don’t end up eating half of a loaf of bread in one sitting. This recipe should make about a dozen medium-sized muffins (this batch I used 2 bananas and made 11).
Here is the recipe:
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2-3 medium ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large mixing bowl, mix flour, baking powder, and baking soda.
- In small bowl, mash banana and stir in oil, vanilla, sugar, and brown sugar. Stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Add banana mixture to dry ingredients in large bowl and stir until combined. Do not overstir.
- Grease muffin pan or use liners, and fill each until 3/4 full. Bake 25-30 minutes.