Potatoes Au Gratin was always a delicious and comforting dish for my family growing up. It was not very healthy but it was definitely good! Cauliflower is a great substitute for potatoes. It has a similar flavor but less calories and carbs.This Cauliflower Au Gratin is a delicious and much healthier alternative.
Cauliflower Au Gratin
- 2 lbs cauliflower florets
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 cups unsweetened plant-based milk
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded vegan cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and spray an 8×8 pan with cooking spray.
- Cook the cauliflower for 3-4 minutes in a pot of boiling water. Drain and rinse.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan on medium heat. Add the flour and stir for a minute.
- Slowly stir in the milk. Add salt and pepper.
- Stir in the cheese and continue stirring until the cheese melts and the sauce is smooth. Turn off stove.
- Cover the bottom of the pan with the sauce. Add cauliflower, then cover with remaining sauce.
- Mix breadcrumbs and olive oil in a small bowl, then sprinkle over cauliflower.
- Bake 30 minutes.