There are so many combinations that can be used to make a veggie burger. These chickpea & zucchini patties are perfect for the summer. They’re full of fiber and protein, and low in fat. They are satisfying but they won’t leave you feeling heavy. You can make them ahead of time and throw them on a grill at a summer cookout too!
Here’s the recipe:
Chickpea & Zucchini Patties
- 2 (15oz) cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3 zucchini, washed, grated, and squeezed
- 1/3 cup flour
- 2 tbsp sriracha sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp fajita seasoning
- Cooking spray
- Wash and grate the zucchini. Remove seeds and squeeze out the liquid.
- Rinse and drain the chickpeas, then mash them well in a large bowl. You can also place them in a blender or food processor.
- In a large bowl, mix all of the ingredients (other than cooking spray) well. Form into 8 patties.
- Spray a skillet with cooking spray and place on medium-high heat. Cook patties about 3-4 minutes per side, until lightly browned.
We cooked 4 patties the first night and refrigerated the rest before cooking. They will last at least 3-4 days in the fridge or they can be frozen for later.