My husband and I have been trying to get back to running consistently to train for races in the fall. Getting our distance back up definitely makes us crave protein and healthy carbs. This is a perfect meal for refueling after a tough workout!
I used two 8×8 pans to make this. Even though cooking is fun, I love to have leftovers to take the pressure off of coming up with something to make the next day! This recipe will give you 6-8 meals. We had leftovers of the black bean mixture too, even after the two pans were filled. It would go perfectly with rice or quinoa for lunch.
Here’s the recipe:
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 12oz sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 white onion, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 bag frozen yellow corn
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes and chilies, drained
- 2 cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp fajita seasoning
- 2 cans refried beans, drained
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 2 cans enchilada sauce
- 1 small can sliced black olives
- 18 small corn tortillas
Optional toppings: avocado, vegan cheese, vegan sour cream
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Sauté the garlic and mushrooms in the olive oil until the mushrooms soften. Add the onion and peppers and sauté until softened and onion is translucent.
- Add the corn and stir often until the corn is cooked, about 5 minutes. Add the black beans and Rotel.
- Stir in fajita seasoning and chili powder.
- Mix the refried beans with the salsa in a medium bowl.
- Spray two 8×8 pans with cooking spray or coat with olive oil. Cover the bottom with a layer of tortillas.
- Add refried bean mixture over tortillas. Top with the black bean mixture. Add another layer of tortillas, refried beans, and black bean mixture.
- Add a third layer of tortillas on top. Pour enchilada sauce over the tortillas and top with olives.
- Bake for 30 minutes.