I have been loving my Instant Pot lately. It’s so easy to throw the ingredients in, close the lid, and walk away instead of watching for water to boil or constantly stirring a pot, especially since the kitchen gets so hot with the stove on! This soup only requires a few ingredients and very little prep. We had French rolls with it tonight and they were perfect with this soup. The whole family loved it! Feel free to add extra veggies to this recipe. Carrots are a great choice.
Here is the recipe:
Pressure Cooker Split Pea Soup
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1/4 white onion, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 5 cups water or vegetable broth
- 1 lb. dried split peas
- Pour the peas into a colander. Sort through them and pick out any debris. Rinse and drain.
- Set the pressure cooker to sauté and add the oil. When it is heated, add the onion, bell pepper, and celery. Cook until they soften.
- Add the water or broth, then stir in the split peas.
- Close the lid and set to sealing. Cancel the sauté mode and set the pressure cooker to pressure cook on high for 15 minutes.
- Allow the pressure to release naturally for 10-15 minutes before releasing the remaining pressure.
- Stir and enjoy!