We have had a lot of “cold” weather in the South lately, so my husband has been craving soup often. I wanted to find a filling and comforting but nutritious side dish to go with all of our soup, and these veggie pastries are perfect for this role. You can add any type of veggies but we used peas, mushrooms, and squash.
- 1 package of puff pastry sheets, broken into 6 rectangles
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Mixed vegetables (we used mushrooms, peas, and butternut squash)
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
1. Preheat oven to 425. Thaw puff pastry at room temperature for 20-40 minutes.
2. Sauté vegetables in olive oil. Stir in all of the spices.
3. Arrange the rectangles of pastry on a sheet of parchment paper.
4. When vegetables are cooked, place veggies on half of each pastry rectangle. Keep the edge free for folding the pastry.
5. Sprinkle water around the edge and fold the empty half of the pastry onto the side with veggies. Press edges together and press with a fork to make sure it is sealed. Repeat with all rectangles.
6. Place parchment paper on a baking sheet, arrange pastries on the sheet.
7. Bake for 12-15 minutes.