If you’re looking for a quick dinner or lunch that requires few ingredients, this soup is perfect. I had most of the ingredients already in my pantry and refrigerator. I added carrots to get an extra serving of veggies.
Here is the recipe:
Easy Vegan Lentil Soup
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil or water
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and chopped, or 1 bag of frozen chopped carrots
- Black pepper
- 1 cup dried lentils
- 4 cups veggie broth
- Add the oil or water to a pot and heat to medium-high heat.
- Add the carrots and stir well. Allow them to cook for 2-3 minutes while stirring frequently.
- Add the salt, pepper, and spices and stir well.
- Mix the lentils into the pot and then add the broth.
- Bring to a boil, cover, and turn heat to low.
- Simmer until lentils and carrots are tender, about 20 minutes.