I’ve made baked carrot chips many times and we always love them, so I’ve been planning to make chips out of other veggies for a while. I finally tried zucchini last night. I will definitely make these again but with a few adjustments. I could have made the slices thinner, which would have made them crispier. I also should have dried the slices more before I added the olive oil. I will try using a lower oven temperature and a longer baking time also, and I will update this post if the results are better. They were not as crunchy as I would have liked, but the flavor was very good.
Here is the recipe:
- 3-4 medium zucchini
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice zucchini as thinly as possible.
- Pat the slices dry.
- Place in large bowl and add olive oil and seasoning. Coat evenly.
- Arrange slices in single layer on large baking sheet.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes, depending on thickness of slices. Check frequently to prevent burning.