I read last year that Panda Express had changed its menu to feature several plant-based options at all of its locations. My husband had been talking about trying it since we recently got a new Panda Express in our town, and I was excited to try the new options they had. He went to get us takeout for dinner, and the location in our small, rural town did not have any options for me except spring rolls. After that incident, I was craving veggies with soy sauce, so I went to Publix later in the week and got all of the ingredients for this dish. We served the veggies with jasmine rice, but cauliflower rice would be nice too.
Here is the recipe:
- 2-3 tbsp cooking oil (I used grapeseed oil) or water
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 12 oz bag frozen sliced mushrooms
- 1 12 oz bag frozen mixed vegetables (I used green beans, lima beans, cauliflower, carrots, and zucchini)
- 1 can bean sprouts, rinsed and drained
- 1 can baby corn, rinsed, drained, and chopped
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (I used low sodium)
- Heat oil or water on medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and saute until it begins to brown.
- Next, add mushrooms and saute until they begin to soften.
- Pour in the bag of mixed vegetables. Stir occasionally until they begin to soften.
- Add bean sprouts, baby corn, and soy sauce. Stir well, turn heat to medium, and cover.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Serve over rice of choice.
I added sweet chili sauce to my stir fry. We also had vegan spring rolls on the side.